Some Important TBI Incidence Statistics:
- TBI occurrence is strongest in the following age groups: Five years and younger, between 15 and 24 years and over 70 years old.
- The death rate is 30 per 100,000, with 50 percent of those dying within the first two hours after their injury.
- It is estimated that 50,000 people die every year in the U.S. from TBI.
- Lasting problems from TBI are estimated to affect 70,000 people.
- Three quarters of those injured are male.
- Thirty percent had a history of alcohol abuse.
- The majority of injuries were received in motor vehicle crashes, some 50 to 70 percent.
Statistics thanks to the Centre for Neuro Skills.